Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Frankenstein 1984


This is crap. Straight up. But its one of those things that I can't help but be intrigued by and therefore shove in everyone's face. Its just a bad idea all around. Frankenstein was Edgar Winter's calling card. The riff that wouldn't die, a bloated and seemingly neverending track that really only existed so that he could be like, "Dude! Look at me shred on every instrument ever!", which yes, he can do. Then as so many artists did he lost his way and proceeded to cash in on genre after genre, trying to find his hit again. I really doubt he did with this ridiculous electro/ breakdance crap but hey, it least we found out he sucks at something. Rapping (check the Monster Rap. Or don't. Ugh.). The video's pretty fucking awesome though right?.

Edgar Winter- Frankenstein 1984 (Human Version)
Edgar Winter- Frankenstein 1984 (Monster Version)
Edgar Winter- Frankenstein 1984 (Monster Rap)
(Sean, I thought I'd add this nice edit I found on discoedits.com since you beat me to the Winter post. )
Edgar Winter- Frankenstein (Splice's Heavy Outer Galactic Breakdown)

Here's Edgar with Frankenstein in his heyday. Show off.


No comments: