Thursday, September 13, 2007

Wah.

I'm just here, surfin it up, got the shuffle going, just havin a nice time and "It's Not the End of the World" by Le Sport pops on. I get excited. I haven't heard it in far too long. The sundrenched production, bells, New Order style bass, quirky 80's synth washes, lovely. I really hoped they would be the next great (gay?) synthpop group, ala Erasure and the Pet Shop Boys, whom they took much inspiration from. Check out "If I Was Neil Tennant's Lover" for proof. But alas, after checking their website to see what they had in the works, I saw this...


all good things must come to an end

it's been two years and it has been so much fun but now, as leaves begin to fall, it is time to say good bye.

since we started we have always put everything we had into our music and to everyone who downloaded it, bought it or enjoyed it at our shows, we'd like to say thank you so much. we've loved every second of it.

we leave you with the photos from our last trip to barcelona and with a song: lovetrain in king's cross (by dj. c)

now we let le sport go back to our fantasies where it once began.

xxx

fredrik & örjan

ps. vi vill också påpeka att le sport inte har splittrats utan upplösts.


Umm... Wah.

I'm don't know what the PS says but its probably something sad. So, heres a couple of my faves, the first all too perfect for Le Sport's early exit. As usual with band breakups, I wish them the best, but can't help but wonder what they might have brought. Good luck Le Sport and thanks for the music!

Le Sport- It's Not the End of the World
Le Sport- I Comes Before U (Ben Morris Remix)
Le Sport- It's Not the End of the World (Mr. Suitcase Sky High T-mix)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm confused as to why I've never heard that first track before. When was it released? Anyway, thanks.

seandonson said...

I believe it was released in early 2006.

Blayne said...

I've never heard of these guys before this - but loving the Pet Shop Boys, and all New Order-esk rifs Le Sport is fantastic. It's sad to hear they're no more, but hearing these tracks for the first time brightened my night. :)