Friday, January 22, 2010

If She Moves You

Samantha Sang sings like some sort of forest creature. One quick and catlike, hard to catch or even see. Something that might sneak up should you fall asleep near its cool and cozy lair and whisper unremembered nothings in your ear. I can imagine waking up feeling fresh and somehow... smoother.

She's a strange voice helped to prominence by even stranger ones, The Bee Gees. On her second and most successful album Emotion she teamed with them multiple times with mixed results, Emotion being the highest end of the spectrum...


The weirdest thing is that my favorite song on the record, the one that keeps me comin back, doesn't feature them at all. No songwriting credits, no vocals, no nothin. But I swear they're in there. The melody, the backup vocals in the chorus... I swear it's them.

Tell me I'm not crazy here.

Samantha Sang- But If She Moves You

5 comments:

from kim said...

hi that's amazing. i think she might actually be barry gibb.

Jaime said...

dear samantha,
you are powdery and glossy and
kinda look like a dude, but that one piece jumpsuit is just screaming unicorn gone human...
dear sean,
love it. love u.
yay.

theneedledrop said...

you're a hero. this is badass!

Juan S. said...

I had no idea "Emotion" had a music video!!!!

Another reason why ARAWA is, and forever will be, the jizzy-jam!

Blayne said...

When I minimized the video, I could *swear* it was the BeeGees. Same era, but wow... the harmonies alone... it reminds of me listening to the family van's tape decks in childhood summers long past. :)