Friday, January 16, 2009

Flashback Episode #1

Pictured above, Tommy and I. Who's who y'think?

Remember on sitcoms, where near the end of the season there was the recap episodes? Like Balki and Larry would be sitting around the table, gettin' all reminisce-ey about the wackiness and heartstring tugging moments they'd had in the past year (or however "real time" a sitcom season is supposed to cover)? I always called them "flashback episodes", is there an industry term for them? It was like a cheap way to complete the shows contract and it always reeked of desperation and anti-creativity. Well good news ARAWA reader! I'm gonna do that here.

Yay?

I know its kind of a douchey maneuver but hey, I'm a douche. We're coming up on our second anniversary and there's been a lot of tracks put out there. A lot of them were put up in the first 7-8 months and back then... we had barely any readers. I remember a couple months in getting something like twenty+ people coming through and being really blown away. We've come a long way since then (thanks ARAWA people!) and this is just a quick and easy vehicle to throw out some super jams that I feel might have fell through the inter-cracks. I promise not to overuse this, really. I promise. I just heard this song thanks to the randomness of shuffle and thought that it deserved another spin round here, so here we are. Okay?

Cue flashback...

Dont trust that photo. Despite looking like Paula Poundstone's secret lover, Anneclaire knows how to get down. Madonna and Nile Rodgers' new boogie blueprint hooks up with italo and produces a heavily accented, yellow jumpsuited offspring. Said child goes on to wanting a lot of things. Hear them all listed here in song format. Fun!

Never heard the original but this remix by Elvio Pieri gets me going every time. More from Elvio coming soon...

5 comments:

Zardoz's Body said...

Flashbacks rock!! Except when they are scary. Hey I just learned about the whole micronesian domain thing. You guys are smart. I have been totally searching for a plot synopsis of the entire series of P Strangers. There is this one episode man that I know I saw but I can't find any info on it anywhere. If there are any Mepos experts out there. Holler.

Anonymous said...

sally shapiro? Thank's for the music

lucindacasual said...

one of my fav tracks ever !!

Anonymous said...

Sean, I'm pretty sure you're Larry. Sorry man.

Anonymous said...

They call them "clip shows"