Sunday, August 24, 2008

And I Love

Ipod on shuffle find of the month fer suresies. Originally posted by Falcon Hawksome (who is unfortunately absent as of late) late last year in a great little comp of ripped seven inches comes this French rock rarity from 1976 by The Nightwalkers. Mr. Hawksome says...
"I've found absolutely no information on this band. All I know is that the cover art for the 7-inch rules. The song sort of does, too. Epic, tragic French rock."
I totally agree. A friend told me the other day to embrace my pain, and rediscover the sad music I might have discarded in happier times and I think this is the only way to start. A forgotten gem buried in Edgar's (my ipod) dark and dusty corners reveals itself in a time of need, inspiring me to drag synths and strings onto the roof, bang and pound away under the moonlight and howl toward the heavens.

The Nightwalkers- And I Love

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Yr email address doesn't seem to be working....

seandonson said...

Hi Georgie! All fixed I believe...

Trag said...

Wow, this record is fantastic. Never heard it before but it's going to be on the playlist now!

Premini said...

Great sad track.
The cover art reminded me vaguely this

Unknown said...

Where can I find a download for this album, or the album itself?? Please help!

seandonson said...

There is no album Mike... just the 45.