Man this movie takes me back. This was on endless repeat during the late 80s on HBO and random UHF channels. I love that it's a self aware B-Movie making fun of B-Movies
It has it all; zombies, axe slashers, alien invaders, head explosions, and the obligatory nude scene. Not to mention a decent soundtrack by Barry DeVorzon. I really like the shower scene track. I can't believe this made it on youtube:
and here's the sample from the bootlegged soundtrack
Night of the Creeps - Preparing for the Formal
A little interesting trivia from wiki:
- The six main characters share their names with seven horror movie directors:
- Christopher Romero (George A. Romero)
- James Carpenter Hooper (John Carpenter) and (Tobe Hooper)
- Cynthia Cronenberg (David Cronenberg)
- Det. Ray Cameron (James Cameron)
- Det. Landis (John Landis)
- Sgt. Raimi (Sam Raimi)
- The minor characters of Cunningham and Miner the Janitor share their names with Sean S. Cunningham (Director of Friday the 13th) and Steve Miner (Director of Friday the 13th part 2 and 3). Gordon the cat is a nod to Stuart Gordon, director of ReAnimator.
- The movie the house mother is watching on TV is Plan 9 from Outer Space (1959).
- Graffiti on the wall of the men's room where J.C. is trying to escape a number of slugs reads, "Go Monster Squad!". The Monster Squad (1987) was also directed by Fred Dekker.
Watch the whole thing here: part 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10