Friday, May 22, 2009

I Hate The F***ing Eagles



Ok, maybe I don't hate The Eagles, but classic rock stations have pushed my tolerance to the brink. Especially since Texas birthed mega-bands like ZZ Top, Steve Miller, and The Eagles. Their music can be heard back to back in endless rotation on any local FM radio station. I used to think I was suffering from over saturation. Not so, thanks to Another Night on Earth. Last month they shared an edit of The Eagles - "Those Shoes" that caught me off guard. I first heard this track on Dirk & Tonic's mix for beatsinspace, which is still one of my all time favorite DJ sets.
This time the edit comes from the french duo, Rove Dogs. This stunning extended mix ends up redeeming this classic and transforming it into something totally cosmic. Can't wait to blast this at the lake, sunbathing in my tank top and aviators, beer in hand. Ah yes, Summer's coming!!!

Rove Dogs - Dub Shoes

No comments: